Wednesday 5 February 2014

"I cannot stand George Alagiah"


A cat (with some singer or other)

No time to post anything of significance today, but - as this is a blog - Something Must Be Posted. So...

I learned today that a favourite Lou Reed track of mine, Satellite of Love (featuring David Bowie, bom-bom-bomming in the background), has been covered by Morrissey, pop's best-known present-day misanthrope. 

The original lyrics included the lines:
I watched it for a little while
I like to watch things on TV
Mozza's modified lyrics, however, read:
I watched it for a little while
I cannot stand the TV
And, for those of you wanting a BBC connection, Mozza added a little bonus bile too:
I watched it for a little while
I cannot stand George Alagiah 
...at which several thousand adoring BBC employees' hearts broke simultaneously!

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVE YOU GEORGE. Galleon International Group (pvt) Ltd.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.