Tuesday 13 August 2013

Is the BBC pogonophobic?


Former BBC Director General

Talking about BBC employees - and former employees - accusing the BBC of bias, Jeremy Paxman has accused his employer of being biased against beards, describing the BBC as being "generally as pogonophobic as the late-lamented Albanian dictator, Enver Hoxha". 

His former radio-bound colleague Robin Lustig concurred, saying that when he wanted to get into television he was told "that if I seriously wanted to do more, I would have to get rid of my beard."

In an act of brazen defiance, Jeremy sported a fine set of whiskers on last night's Newsnight, provoking a twitterstorm from the Twitterati. 

In the spirit of triviality, I thought I'd share that with you. Radio 4's The World at One felt the same way this lunchtime.

2 comments:

  1. Beards are unflattering and make most people look older and scruffy / can’t be arsed to shave. Paxo had a boyish look before the beard, now he looks even more supercilious. Super-sillyarse.





    I’m leaving a space for a joke about hardcore pognography, and perhaps Mary, in case I think of one later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking about hardcore pognography...

      A rather attractive woman goes up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestures alluringly to the barman who comes over immediately. When he arrives, she seductively signals that he should bring his face close to hers. When he does so, she begins to gently caress his beard, which is full and bushy.

      "Are you the manager?" she asks, softly stroking his face with both hands.

      "Actually, no" he replies.

      "Can you get him for me? I need to speak to him," she asks, running her hands up beyond his beard and into his hair.

      "I'm afraid I can't" breathes the barman - clearly aroused. "Is there anything I can do?"

      "Yes there is. I need you to give him a message" she continues huskily, popping a couple of fingers into his mouth and allowing him to suck them gently. "Tell him that" she says "there is no toilet paper or hand soap in the ladies toilet".

      http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/topic/6129#.UgqW5pJJNjk

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.